From smart home to internet of things
2014-2015 confirmed the established trends in the automation system. All major companies have formed their product line and built interfaces for controlling light, climate, and various mechanical devices. There are no problems with controls from wearable devices. All systems have a user interface and remote SMS informing systems. Therefore, the price/functionality scale becomes the main selection criterion. An important role is played by the appearance of devices and controllers. More than 90% of the players in the smart home systems market
In the budget segment, this is Smart bus from HDL and digitcom. The advantage of this system is open source, flexible settings, and the budget cost of the main components. However, HDL is the largest Chinese manufacturer of various electrical devices. Therefore, there will be no problems with either the element base or support. The system uses smart modules and does not need a central processor. In the guise of analogues
Many companies operate on average. On c-bus elements, and knx, lonworks protocols. Dali and. etc. Everything is quite complicated for self-development, so there are various training and certification centers for working with such systems.
In luxury, this is beckhoff, amx on these controllers, you can perform any solution, but the complexity mounting is proportionally high.
However, if we look at the development perspective, then the following can be distinguished among the main trends:
1. Reducing the barrier to entry into the technology. If five years ago, in order to set up a smart home system, it was necessary to have programming skills, build electrical circuits and extensive knowledge of the field of network technologies. Now, to install a smart home system, it is enough to understand the basics of electrical engineering and be able to read instructions. Of course, we are talking about the base segment.
2. Shifting the automation paradigm from the idea of a smart home to the idea of the Internet of things. Not the system, but the devices now set the general background. Which is ultimately correct, since the user is not interested in understanding engineering subtleties, it is important for him that the device is as ready to work as possible out of the box.
3. It follows from the second. All major companies in 2015 announced their intention to release their operating system for smart home management. This gives us the right to assume that in the next five years the market for automation systems in the lower and lower-middle price segment will move away from complex solutions and the user will be offered a kind of analogue of the Iphone. That is, systems of the most ready-made devices that do not require any manipulations with engineering and electrical networks. For example, a thermostat that has temperature and humidity sensors in its body and a wireless communication protocol. It can transmit a signal via Bluetooth protocol to the controller connected to the air conditioner and turn it on or off according to its performance. And according to the wireless communication protocol, it can be available on a common house server and have a remote control interface. Complex solutions will remain for complex stadiums, various shopping centers, warehouses.
4. GOOGLE and HDL create their systems open source, which allows third-party companies to create their devices based on these systems, thereby further increasing their number. An analogy with Android is appropriate, when many manufacturers received a free operating system and in less than five years this system became a key one in the market.
All of the above gives us a clear segmentation between home and industrial systems. And if solutions for industrial facilities have already been formed and presented by large companies, then the solutions of the Internet of things are still in their infancy. If we are talking about a smart home system from the point of view of the corporate segment, then all protocols can be interconnected. All major manufacturers, HDL, Schneider Electric, ABB, Crestron, Siemens and others, produce solutions based on various protocols for various price segments.
For example, the Swiss company SBC has its own developments in the field of closed source controllers and its own communication channels. This allows not to depend on vendors, but limits flexibility and customizability of the system.
Vimar focuses on design, solving tasks on the KNX protocol, based on its own wall panels and input devices.
As one of the largest electronics suppliers, ABB has its own smart home solution. ABB-free@home. A feature is a boxed solution on their own controllers, and as a result, the maximum simplification of the system for self-assembly.
Many companies offer their solutions for ventilation systems both indoors systems (Ensto) So on common protocols.
The same focus can be made for any engineering systems.
1. It is necessary to follow the paradigm of the development of the smart technology market and not miss the moment of "a quantum leap in this industry"
2. Until that time, offer the simplest solutions out of the box and not engage in the production/programming of your own devices.
3. Since all protocols in their price range are about the same, it's easier to focus on 1-2 rather than scatter in all directions.
The ebuilding company remains in the trend of modern technologies and we closely follow all manufacturers. You can get acquainted with our products and services in relevant section.
- 20.11.2023 Telegram bots for business Telegram bots have become an indispensable tool for business.
- 12.11.2023 Smart technologies for cars Smart technologies for cars is a set of innovative solutions that are designed to make driving safer, more convenient and more efficient.
- 01.11.2023 Mesh networks: a new level of communication Mesh networks is a new communication technology that offers a wireless network consisting of nodes that can be connected to each other directly.
- 30.10.2023 Digital Addressable Lighting Interface The Dali (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) protocol is a communication standard for controlling lighting in a smart home.
- 20.10.2023 Сommunication protocols Сommunication protocols that are used by smart home devices.
- 15.10.2023 Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit is a smart home platform developed by Apple Inc.
- 05.09.2023 KNX smart home automation system KNX smart home automation system
- 02.08.2023 Amazon Alexa Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon that has become one of the most popular voice assistants in the world.
- 12.07.2023 Xiaomi Smart Home Xiaomi Smart Home is a line of products developed by Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company known for its affordable and high-quality products.
- 01.06.2023 The Internet of Things (IoT) The Internet of Things (IoT)
- 15.05.2023 Popular devices for smart home in Europe A smart home is a home in which devices are automatically controlled and controlled using the Internet.
Smart homes in USA
Smart homes are becoming increasingly popular in America
- 26.03.2023 Batteries for the home can seriously make your life easier
- 24.02.2023 Zwave automation Examples of automation
- 18.11.2022 Smart home without wires: overview of modern technologies Overview of modern technologies
- 14.11.2022 Overview of Zwave equipment Overview of equipment and capabilities
Li-fi: Internet at the speed of light
Innovative data transfer solution
- 01.06.2022 Vision locks Office Locks
- 25.02.2022 About the Internet of Things Once again about the Internet of Things at the present stage of development
- 18.02.2022 Which wireless automation is better Which data transfer protocol is right for you?
- 16.08.2021 Netgear Arlo Smart Camera Home security without wires
- 15.05.2021 Smart home from Xiaomi We continue to introduce you to home automation
- 09.02.2021 Controller MAX New equipment is available for order
- 10.11.2020 Is it worth buying Chinese (Noname) LED lamps?
- 05.08.2020 FAQ 2 Answers to questions continued
- 04.05.2020 Examples of ebiding company's work
- 25.01.2020 Lightmer 2.0 and Plugger The new product line of the ebilding company
- 20.11.2019 Smart Home in Crisis
- 18.09.2019 WI-FI networks of the new generation at a frequency of 900MHz Smart Home
- 16.05.2019 Seamless roaming News from Ebilding
- 12.01.2019 MediaTek has introduced its smart home chip As part of CES 2016
- 28.12.2018 Happy New Year! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
- 28.12.2018 Lightmer from ebilding The solution to the problem of unplugged light
- 24.07.2018 New control system for the z-wave protocol News from Ebilding
- 22.04.2018 Devices for electrical energy saving Weekly review of interesting devices/ways to save electricity
- 20.12.2017 To the world of innovative energy saving solutions together with ebuilding
- 18.11.2017 Modern methods of smart home management
- 11.05.2017 Ways to save on production Saving electrical energy is an important aspect in the conduct of production activities
- 11.11.2016 Overview of the Vera controller line Ready-made kits for automation of apartments and private houses are becoming more and more popular
- 16.05.2016 Transportation of coolant media The problem of transportation of working and technological media of heat carriers
- 24.03.2016 Opening a website Our website starts working after the update
- 24.08.2015 Buy An Ebuilding System Ebuilding is your key to success
- 17.04.2015 Reconstruction of the Hotel building Reconstruction of the building for the construction of a \"3-star class hotel\"