Description of devices.
The main problem with seamless roaming is the fact that the decision to change the access point is always made by the device, and not by the AP itself or the central controller. A seamless roaming mechanism is such a mechanism in which the loss of transmitted data that occurs at the time of switching from point to point is minimal or equal to zero, and the TCP / IP stack of the client operating system does not even notice the fact of the switch. Such a mechanism is important in the operation of delay and loss sensitive applications such as voice over radio (Voice over Wireless), streaming video, large amounts of data, and in general all cases where the TCP protocol is not able to "digest" temporary loss of data transmission channel. If setting up automatic switching to networks with a high signal level on laptops and desktop computers is not so important (due to the stationary use of such devices), then wearable electronics will face difficulties. There are several ways to solve this problem.
- A special application for Android and its analogues for IOS « WiFi Jumper» "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com .goramart.wifijumper .The main idea is that the application scans nearby wifi points and if there is a point to which it is possible to connect (Password or public network), then when the threshold value in dbi is reached (Set by the user), it automatically switches to network with a strong signal.
Benefits: Price, no extras required. equipment does not require installation. Ideal for a small home with two or more hotspots and few wearables.
Disadvantages: Household access points that work independently from each other will force the client to complete a full authorization cycle when moving from one point to another. This is fraught with serious delays in the transmission of useful traffic, especially when using centralized user bases and, as a result, — broken connections. it is necessary to drive in all access points manually, in places where the signal level is unstable, there may be constant transitions, which will negatively affect the stability of the network. In public networks (for example, in shopping centers with wifi coverage, additional authorization is required and therefore, even when reconnecting, the network is lost. Which is not convenient for the user
- To build a full-fledged seamless wifi network (Seamless roaming), there are several solutions. They consist of a central controller that manages access daughters (it can be any router or virtual machine installed, for example, on a server in the office), or they have distributed intelligence. Below is an example of building a network on Uni fi controllers
Connecting a point is relatively easy. Plus, the system supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) technologies, and when buying Ubiquiti TOUGHSwitch PoE, you can use only an Ethernet wire. The idea is that the device sees the access points as a whole: as one large access point and, accordingly, there is no connection interruption. Up to a hundred such devices can be combined into a single network. The cost starts from about 500eu for one antenna. Read more at http://www.ubnt.su/reviewUniFi.htm
Several companies have similar solutions: Mikrotik (http://www.ubnt.su/ solutions/inner/besshovnyj-rouming-mikrotik.htm) Dlink and some others.
Advantages: Relatively low cost. from 1500eu for a set that allows you to cover up to 100 sq. meters of area. Easy installation, (usually mounted on the ceiling) Concise appearance. Ability to use existing controllers. Relatively simple program to learn.
Disadvantages: Encryption issues may arise when building a corporate network. You will need to run at least an Ethernet cable to the ceiling. To install the device. If it is not possible to purchase a PoE device, you will also need to lay a power cable. When programming devices, you still need to understand the commands to know how to register an IP address. The software is not yet very advanced points can sometimes freeze. It is necessary to be able to draw and load into the program a floor plan on a scale, and develop a scheme for installing access points for continuous coverage.
Professional solution from large companies. For example Cisco Juniper Wireless
The principle of operation is approximately the same, but the difference is in the protocols. If solutions from Unifi are more autonomous controller inyou perform the function of distributing the Internet. That controller here is fully customizable. You can select the operating mode of the power consumption of each point. Set them to turn on by time. Set up an encryption mechanism and many other things necessary for the corporate segment.
The main disadvantage is the complicated setup procedure and the price (about $ 30,000)
1. For a simple transition between two points, for example, in a large apartment for wearable electronics (Android, Ios devices), a program is enough. (if there are few devices)
2. For a large house with a lot of devices or a small office, you can use Unifi, Microtik, etc.
3. For large objects where quality is important and the issue of price plays a secondary role, it is necessary to use a solution from large companies.
- 20.11.2023 Telegram bots for business Telegram bots have become an indispensable tool for business.
- 12.11.2023 Smart technologies for cars Smart technologies for cars is a set of innovative solutions that are designed to make driving safer, more convenient and more efficient.
- 01.11.2023 Mesh networks: a new level of communication Mesh networks is a new communication technology that offers a wireless network consisting of nodes that can be connected to each other directly.
- 30.10.2023 Digital Addressable Lighting Interface The Dali (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) protocol is a communication standard for controlling lighting in a smart home.
- 20.10.2023 Сommunication protocols Сommunication protocols that are used by smart home devices.
- 15.10.2023 Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit is a smart home platform developed by Apple Inc.
- 05.09.2023 KNX smart home automation system KNX smart home automation system
- 02.08.2023 Amazon Alexa Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon that has become one of the most popular voice assistants in the world.
- 12.07.2023 Xiaomi Smart Home Xiaomi Smart Home is a line of products developed by Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company known for its affordable and high-quality products.
- 01.06.2023 The Internet of Things (IoT) The Internet of Things (IoT)
- 15.05.2023 Popular devices for smart home in Europe A smart home is a home in which devices are automatically controlled and controlled using the Internet.
Smart homes in USA
Smart homes are becoming increasingly popular in America
- 26.03.2023 Batteries for the home can seriously make your life easier
- 24.02.2023 Zwave automation Examples of automation
- 18.11.2022 Smart home without wires: overview of modern technologies Overview of modern technologies
- 14.11.2022 Overview of Zwave equipment Overview of equipment and capabilities
Li-fi: Internet at the speed of light
Innovative data transfer solution
- 01.06.2022 Vision locks Office Locks
- 25.02.2022 About the Internet of Things Once again about the Internet of Things at the present stage of development
- 18.02.2022 Which wireless automation is better Which data transfer protocol is right for you?
- 16.08.2021 Netgear Arlo Smart Camera Home security without wires
- 15.05.2021 Smart home from Xiaomi We continue to introduce you to home automation
- 09.02.2021 Controller MAX New equipment is available for order
- 10.11.2020 Is it worth buying Chinese (Noname) LED lamps?
- 05.08.2020 FAQ 2 Answers to questions continued
- 04.05.2020 Examples of ebiding company's work
- 25.01.2020 Lightmer 2.0 and Plugger The new product line of the ebilding company
- 20.11.2019 Smart Home in Crisis
- 18.09.2019 WI-FI networks of the new generation at a frequency of 900MHz Smart Home
- 12.01.2019 MediaTek has introduced its smart home chip As part of CES 2016
- 28.12.2018 Happy New Year! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
- 28.12.2018 Lightmer from ebilding The solution to the problem of unplugged light
- 24.07.2018 New control system for the z-wave protocol News from Ebilding
- 22.04.2018 Devices for electrical energy saving Weekly review of interesting devices/ways to save electricity
- 20.12.2017 To the world of innovative energy saving solutions together with ebuilding
- 18.11.2017 Modern methods of smart home management
- 11.05.2017 Ways to save on production Saving electrical energy is an important aspect in the conduct of production activities
- 11.11.2016 Overview of the Vera controller line Ready-made kits for automation of apartments and private houses are becoming more and more popular
- 21.10.2016 From a smart home to the Internet of Things
- 16.05.2016 Transportation of coolant media The problem of transportation of working and technological media of heat carriers
- 24.03.2016 Opening a website Our website starts working after the update
- 24.08.2015 Buy An Ebuilding System Ebuilding is your key to success
- 17.04.2015 Reconstruction of the Hotel building Reconstruction of the building for the construction of a \"3-star class hotel\"