Once again about the Internet of things.
It's no secret that the Internet of Things is quite an interesting market segment. It is still in its infancy, and the first less workable solutions are just beginning to appear. For example, REDMOND smart devices that we have already written about. In the modern world, Internet of Things devices are quite interesting solutions designed primarily to automate the routine and do it simply conveniently and stylishly.
The main problem with the Internet of Things is its fragmentation. That is, each company that produces a certain device writes its own interface for it with its own application, and the user eventually accumulates a whole huge folder on the smartphone, which you will agree is not very convenient.
Specialists see 3 possible ways out
- Creating a single standard for the Internet of things, so that in addition to its program there is some kind of common shell, operating system, etc. to control all devices.
- A large software giant will release its shell under which everyone will have to write their programs and create products with compatible hardware (and along the way, most likely, all those devices that are sold now will no longer be needed by anyone.)
- Automate your devices so that they work for years without requiring intervention.
Do not forget that today many such devices are created by enthusiasts on the basis of various Kickstarter sites Indiegogo and the like. Therefore, it is too early to talk about cooperation at the device level.
Intel and others
Intel is doing a lot of work with the Internet of things trying to develop its software product, but it seems to some that it is taking an enterprise-oriented rather than a user-centric approach. Take a look at the Internet today, anyone with no knowledge of programming can create and promote their site. As well as writing programs for mobile devices has become much easier. If a similar shell is created for the world of IoT solutions, then of course most users will use it. Just imagine a single standard, for example, wi-fi a single programming environment. You can order any of the thousands of devices. From thermostats to coffee makers. And connect them to your system how can you buy an "android smartphone" any company without worrying that you will not be able to use it just like any other.
And then and only then will we be able to talk about the Internet of things market.
- 20.11.2023 Telegram bots for business Telegram bots have become an indispensable tool for business.
- 12.11.2023 Smart technologies for cars Smart technologies for cars is a set of innovative solutions that are designed to make driving safer, more convenient and more efficient.
- 01.11.2023 Mesh networks: a new level of communication Mesh networks is a new communication technology that offers a wireless network consisting of nodes that can be connected to each other directly.
- 30.10.2023 Digital Addressable Lighting Interface The Dali (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) protocol is a communication standard for controlling lighting in a smart home.
- 20.10.2023 Сommunication protocols Сommunication protocols that are used by smart home devices.
- 15.10.2023 Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit is a smart home platform developed by Apple Inc.
- 05.09.2023 KNX smart home automation system KNX smart home automation system
- 02.08.2023 Amazon Alexa Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon that has become one of the most popular voice assistants in the world.
- 12.07.2023 Xiaomi Smart Home Xiaomi Smart Home is a line of products developed by Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company known for its affordable and high-quality products.
- 01.06.2023 The Internet of Things (IoT) The Internet of Things (IoT)
- 15.05.2023 Popular devices for smart home in Europe A smart home is a home in which devices are automatically controlled and controlled using the Internet.
Smart homes in USA
Smart homes are becoming increasingly popular in America
- 26.03.2023 Batteries for the home can seriously make your life easier
- 24.02.2023 Zwave automation Examples of automation
- 18.11.2022 Smart home without wires: overview of modern technologies Overview of modern technologies
- 14.11.2022 Overview of Zwave equipment Overview of equipment and capabilities
Li-fi: Internet at the speed of light
Innovative data transfer solution
- 01.06.2022 Vision locks Office Locks
- 18.02.2022 Which wireless automation is better Which data transfer protocol is right for you?
- 16.08.2021 Netgear Arlo Smart Camera Home security without wires
- 15.05.2021 Smart home from Xiaomi We continue to introduce you to home automation
- 09.02.2021 Controller MAX New equipment is available for order
- 10.11.2020 Is it worth buying Chinese (Noname) LED lamps?
- 05.08.2020 FAQ 2 Answers to questions continued
- 04.05.2020 Examples of ebiding company's work
- 25.01.2020 Lightmer 2.0 and Plugger The new product line of the ebilding company
- 20.11.2019 Smart Home in Crisis
- 18.09.2019 WI-FI networks of the new generation at a frequency of 900MHz Smart Home
- 16.05.2019 Seamless roaming News from Ebilding
- 12.01.2019 MediaTek has introduced its smart home chip As part of CES 2016
- 28.12.2018 Happy New Year! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
- 28.12.2018 Lightmer from ebilding The solution to the problem of unplugged light
- 24.07.2018 New control system for the z-wave protocol News from Ebilding
- 22.04.2018 Devices for electrical energy saving Weekly review of interesting devices/ways to save electricity
- 20.12.2017 To the world of innovative energy saving solutions together with ebuilding
- 18.11.2017 Modern methods of smart home management
- 11.05.2017 Ways to save on production Saving electrical energy is an important aspect in the conduct of production activities
- 11.11.2016 Overview of the Vera controller line Ready-made kits for automation of apartments and private houses are becoming more and more popular
- 21.10.2016 From a smart home to the Internet of Things
- 16.05.2016 Transportation of coolant media The problem of transportation of working and technological media of heat carriers
- 24.03.2016 Opening a website Our website starts working after the update
- 24.08.2015 Buy An Ebuilding System Ebuilding is your key to success
- 17.04.2015 Reconstruction of the Hotel building Reconstruction of the building for the construction of a \"3-star class hotel\"