It is very nice that our readers sometimes suggest topics for news and articles themselves.
Recently, we were asked a question about how to wirelessly automate what is better than Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, radio, or something else. Let's try to understand
Initiated as an alternative to infrared for file transfer, Bluetooth has become increasingly practical and energy efficient. The 4th generation of Bluetooth adapters practically does not consume the energy of the device in standby mode, allowing you to have an always-on interface on your smartphone. And manage not only the transfer of files, but a huge number of devices. Many companies are developing devices with the Bluetooth protocol, these are smart sockets and household appliances (Redmond) Lamps (Philips) thermostats (EQ3), musical equipment (JBL), cameras (Net gear)
So, the main pros and cons.
As you can see from the description, Bluetooth is the simplest and most common way to automate your home. For an apartment, I would recommend it.
Even though the handshake protocol itself has been around for a very long time, until recently, the use of a Wi-Fi chip for automation ran into several problems. This is the high cost of the chip itself, insufficient programming capabilities for devices other than network routers, instability to interference. However, the trend has changed recently. With the advent of cheap chips, a lot of projects have appeared for development, we can say that we are seeing the emergence of a whole class of new Wi-Fi controlled devices.
Pros and cons
As you can see, this protocol is suitable for enthusiasts. The potential possibilities are very wide. And the "width" channel allows the transmission of large amounts of information. At the moment, only entertainment aspects (set-top boxes, etc.) and cameras are widely developed, but the market is growing rapidly and this year we will see full-fledged solutions based on this protocol.
Z-wave low frequency radio
Z-Wave is a proprietary wireless communication protocol designed for home automation, specifically residential and commercial control and management. The technology uses low-power and miniature RF modules that are embedded in consumer electronics and various devices such as lighting, heating devices access control, entertainment systems and home appliances. We have repeatedly talked about this protocol in our news and articles, here we briefly summarize what we know about it
This solution is optimal for everything that does not concern multimedia or security cameras. The controllers themselves are inexpensive and can be mounted almost anywhere.
As a result, we can conclude the following:
- Bluetooth is fine for basic automation on off-the-shelf devices, but you have to put up with a bunch of apps
- Wi-Fi is suitable for enthusiasts and those who appreciate multimedia capabilities and want to have a complete security system.
- Z-wave for those who want to have one control center, and a large number of ready-made devices without multimedia.
- 20.11.2023 Telegram bots for business Telegram bots have become an indispensable tool for business.
- 12.11.2023 Smart technologies for cars Smart technologies for cars is a set of innovative solutions that are designed to make driving safer, more convenient and more efficient.
- 01.11.2023 Mesh networks: a new level of communication Mesh networks is a new communication technology that offers a wireless network consisting of nodes that can be connected to each other directly.
- 30.10.2023 Digital Addressable Lighting Interface The Dali (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) protocol is a communication standard for controlling lighting in a smart home.
- 20.10.2023 Сommunication protocols Сommunication protocols that are used by smart home devices.
- 15.10.2023 Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit is a smart home platform developed by Apple Inc.
- 05.09.2023 KNX smart home automation system KNX smart home automation system
- 02.08.2023 Amazon Alexa Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon that has become one of the most popular voice assistants in the world.
- 12.07.2023 Xiaomi Smart Home Xiaomi Smart Home is a line of products developed by Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company known for its affordable and high-quality products.
- 01.06.2023 The Internet of Things (IoT) The Internet of Things (IoT)
- 15.05.2023 Popular devices for smart home in Europe A smart home is a home in which devices are automatically controlled and controlled using the Internet.
Smart homes in USA
Smart homes are becoming increasingly popular in America
- 26.03.2023 Batteries for the home can seriously make your life easier
- 24.02.2023 Zwave automation Examples of automation
- 18.11.2022 Smart home without wires: overview of modern technologies Overview of modern technologies
- 14.11.2022 Overview of Zwave equipment Overview of equipment and capabilities
Li-fi: Internet at the speed of light
Innovative data transfer solution
- 01.06.2022 Vision locks Office Locks
- 25.02.2022 About the Internet of Things Once again about the Internet of Things at the present stage of development
- 16.08.2021 Netgear Arlo Smart Camera Home security without wires
- 15.05.2021 Smart home from Xiaomi We continue to introduce you to home automation
- 09.02.2021 Controller MAX New equipment is available for order
- 10.11.2020 Is it worth buying Chinese (Noname) LED lamps?
- 05.08.2020 FAQ 2 Answers to questions continued
- 04.05.2020 Examples of ebiding company's work
- 25.01.2020 Lightmer 2.0 and Plugger The new product line of the ebilding company
- 20.11.2019 Smart Home in Crisis
- 18.09.2019 WI-FI networks of the new generation at a frequency of 900MHz Smart Home
- 16.05.2019 Seamless roaming News from Ebilding
- 12.01.2019 MediaTek has introduced its smart home chip As part of CES 2016
- 28.12.2018 Happy New Year! Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
- 28.12.2018 Lightmer from ebilding The solution to the problem of unplugged light
- 24.07.2018 New control system for the z-wave protocol News from Ebilding
- 22.04.2018 Devices for electrical energy saving Weekly review of interesting devices/ways to save electricity
- 20.12.2017 To the world of innovative energy saving solutions together with ebuilding
- 18.11.2017 Modern methods of smart home management
- 11.05.2017 Ways to save on production Saving electrical energy is an important aspect in the conduct of production activities
- 11.11.2016 Overview of the Vera controller line Ready-made kits for automation of apartments and private houses are becoming more and more popular
- 21.10.2016 From a smart home to the Internet of Things
- 16.05.2016 Transportation of coolant media The problem of transportation of working and technological media of heat carriers
- 24.03.2016 Opening a website Our website starts working after the update
- 24.08.2015 Buy An Ebuilding System Ebuilding is your key to success
- 17.04.2015 Reconstruction of the Hotel building Reconstruction of the building for the construction of a \"3-star class hotel\"